FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multi-million dollar investment in onboard food and beverage options
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:21 am
PushingTin

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I've had the chicken green salad before and it was maybe one of the best pieces of meat I've ever had on a plane- and that was departing ATL, IIRC. Monday I was on a 737 from DEN-ORD and while it was good, it seemed much more like a highly processed piece of meat. Still good, but not as good as the other one I had- from a non-hub.

What is the obligation for catering in BF for domestic flights? I was on the 7:2o ORD-DEN flight, that didn't get out till past 9- maybe it was pushed back at 10:30. I smelled the ovens cooking, but they only brought us cookies. We were in turbulence with the cabin crew seated for the first hour. Between getting to the airport around dinner time and knowing I had a meal flight, I had skipped dinner. I didn't get a chance to ask the FA about it.

What is the plan on delayed flights and meals? Was it because of the turbulence and they missed the window to get the meals out? We did have about 90 minutes of 'up' time, but I wondered if the meals got fried in the heater while we climbed out.

Not a huge deal, but if the meal is going to get skipped, I'll make sure I plan accordingly. Before we took off, the capt said that they were about 10 minutes from FAR time limits, but I don't know if that was for the cabin or the cockpit.