FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone bought back status this year and seen a decrease in Lifetime points?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:26 am
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
I can confirm that they are deducting both renewals and transfers from lifetime points totals... WITHOUT ever having disclosed it. The current LT page says nothing about it, the T&C say nothing about it.

Arguing with them now as I 'was' within 20 nights and 50k points of LT Gold and discovered they have dinged me for three quarters of a million points on that total.

It's fine if I chose to do it knowing the rules, but not disclosing it and then smacking me back after YEARS of working at it (and even spending $$ to buy points) is simply unethical.
What do you mean by "transfers"? Purchased points? Points transferred into your account from an outside account (airline, etc.)? Points transferred into your account from someone else's Marriott account? Points transferred out of your account (to airline or someone else's account)?

Let us know what the final result is.