FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concur Travel and Expense (CTE) Corporate Travel Site
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:55 pm
cestmoi123

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Often1
Your employer may have chosen not to book its employees on NK because of its weak schedule and IRROPS handling. While you may have found what you think saves money, in reality and over time, does not.

As to other situations, it will often be the case that there may be a cheaper way to do things, but a successful business focuses on the long-term, not the nickels & dimes.

Bear in mind that Concur is simply a piece of rules-enforcing software. It limits what you may book based on your employer's preferences. Thus, if you think that you are onto something, bring it to your CFO's attention. It has nothing to do with Concur.
One other thing to remember is that the traveler may not be privy to all the rules that Concur is enforcing, and the prices shown may not reflect the actual price the company would pay. For example, I encountered a situation where Concur wouldn't let me book VS, even though it appeared to be much cheaper than BA, for the same JFK-LHR flight. Turned out, when I inquired internally, that the firm got a huge rebate from BA at year end, based on how much was spent, so the net price of the BA ticket was MUCH lower than what showed up in the system. Since the amount of the rebate was confidential, Concur didn't show it, but did use it in the calculation of what was permissible.