FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade to Surpass Honors AmEx: Earn 50,000+ bonus points
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:33 am
sbbi

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Before the current offer of automatic Gold w/AF payment, I would drop to no-fee once the bonus point spending was met. In the past, Amex would send targeted upgrade offers to upgrade. I got 2 of them over 5 yrs. The last time 6 months ago, they tried to deny the points by saying I had already received them previously and it was a one time offer for upgrading. However, the offer had no exclusionary language and was not open to the public (came as an offer on my Amex account page w/my name on the offer). I argued that 1) the offer should not have been directed to me if I was not eligible 2) Amex should have had the exclusionary language in the offer. Amex granted me the entire points as a courtesy because they failed to put the exclusionary language in. I'm sure they have corrected their mistake by now.
I had done the upgrade once, and now I got the offer again. Two questions:
1. will Amex deny the offer by saying I can only have one (signup) bonus in the life time for the same card, the rule they implemented a couple years ago?
2. will Amex deny the offer by saying I have earned this upgrade bonus once?

thanks.