FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion Fare FAQ - Bank of America Mileage Plan Visa
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:36 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by DaveH
If one cancels a ticket with the companion pass on it for later re-use, can the fare difference on the new ticket somehow be paid for by gift certificate? Or must the difference be paid by credit card?

I have plenty of AS credit from BPG requests and cancelled tickets, which I'd much prefer to use rather than paying more out-of-pocket. I was told that in order to keep the companion discount code intact, I had to keep it attached to the (now cancelled) ticket, rather than just move it from the old ticket to a new ticket (e.g., one bought with my AS credit). Would appreciate any confirmation on this too. TIA!
Online it seems to only allow changes in fare to be paid by credit card, not via gift certs. Not sure about changes by phone.