FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beijing General Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)
Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:06 pm
nonesuch flyer

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng

Originally Posted by transparent
Just had a great stay at the Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng hotel. the lounge has nice views of the bird's nest stadium, and otherwise very bright and airy. Take breakfast on the 2nd floor though, it's huge and quite good compared to the lounge.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
I agree with these comments. The Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng hotel is an excellent place to stay. The lounge has very tasty snacks at night with an array of hot items as well as a buffet of cold items. I really enjoyed the array of dumpling. The hot food is supplied by the three or four restaurants in the hotel to show off their food.

The breakfast on the second floor is fantastic with an array of chefs preparing food to order both western and Chinese. I was staying on my own meeting a friend for breakfast. I was told no charge for my friend as two breakfasts come with each room. Not sure if that is for everyone or for PLTs.

I found the location OK for getting to down town and to the north west corridor.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Some spoke good English.