FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL and AA No More Interline Agreement; Then Interline Agreement Returns January 2018
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:22 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
In my recent UA>DL experience, the ticket price did show up when it posted to my DL account since that's how DL awards miles these days. It was about double the cost of what I paid UA for the segment in the first place.

I suppose if there is a fixed, agreed-upon interline price of some sort then it all comes down to averages - some will be higher and some lower. And that is the matter that the two sides have to negotiate and agree upon (or not in this case).
Back in January I got rebooked from AA to DL on my outbound (booked as two one-ways) due to a mechanical delay and no other options on AA with availability for several hours. I was able to add my Skymiles # to the ticket and when it posted, the MQDs matched what I paid for the AA flight. The best part - I upgraded to FC with miles on the AA flight. When I was rebooked onto DL, it was booked as a Full Fare F and I received 200% MQMs. Given that I originally wanted to fly DL but didn't want to pay $300-$400 more for the ticket, this worked itself out to being the same as if I had booked and flown the whole trip on Delta to begin with rather than booking AA. And was still able to get my AA miles via ORC. ^