FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:47 am
billygui

Programs: LH Senator / AF Plat / QR Plat / HH Diamond Life / MR Plat
Better then expected

After reading the reviews here, I almost cancelled my reservation at the Hilton Paris Opera. I'm glad I didn't. Booked online a few days before, rate was EUR 399 for the Standard Room for a two night stay.

On the morning of the arrival, did the online check in and I was upgraded to a Queen Deluxe. Arrived at 4pm, and asked about a possible upgrade. The check in agent was extremely nice, and told me I had a very nice room, but she could upgrade to an Executive Room if I wished. She acknowledged my Diamond membership. I was happy to stay with the Queen Deluxe, as she said was a nicer room. She offered to show me the Executive room if I wanted, which I declined. Diamond arrival gift was a tasting set of Valrhona chocolates, and a large bottle of Evian water, along with a hand written note from the Front Desk Manager. Regular bottles of water were also provided daily.

The hotel was recently renovated. The lobby and lobby bar/restaurant look really nice. The room looks exactly as the pictures on the hotel's website. It's all brand new, very comfortable beddings and the windows block all the noise from the busy street. The bathroom is very good, with heated floor and the size is very good for Paris.

Breakfast is offered for Diamonds both at the Executive Lounge and at the Restaurant, which are located next to each other. The lounge is less busy, and the offerings are very similar (eggs cooked to order, etc). I had breakfast at the restaurant on both days, and the service was a little bit slow (waited around 5-10 minutes to be offered coffee).

The Executive Lounge had an excellent offering during the day, with cakes, pastries and healthy snacks available throughout the afternoon. Happy hour started at 6, but I did not stay there (you are in Paris after all, why would you waste your time at the lounge??). They offered hot snacks (pizza, pastries), and wine/spirits/beers. The picture shows the afternoon offerings.

I met with the General Manager, who is a member of Flyertalk and has posted on this thread. She explained how they are trying to improve the service, and we discussed the importance of keeping an eye on Flyertalk and talk to the customers here.

The only issue I had was, on the second day, someone woke me up at 8:30am, and tried to open the door, even though DND sign was posted.

Welcome gift

Lobby bar

Executive Lounge - Afternoon