FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Skypass Miles on Delta
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:46 pm
haslipe

Finally got my flight

So I just got back from our first Hawaii trip using the Skypass miles on a Delta flight. In the end it all worked out. I booked the trip about 8 months or so in advance. I tried multiple times to pay my taxes and fees, but they insisted that this could not happen until they called me. I was really getting worried when the trip was only a couple weeks away. Finally I got the call with about a week to spare. The taxes ended up being about $23 per person for the round trip tickets PDX-LAX-KOA. I thought that I wouldn't have the ability to pick my seats etc until the fees were paid, but this is not the case. Delta was able to find my Confirmation Number with my info and originating airport. With this info I was able to select seats for most of the legs, but not for the first segment. This worried me quite a bit, but we were assigned seats at the gate so all was well.

I just thought I would share my experience for others. I am taking a risk and transferring over another 200k miles in hopes that this will work out for our next couple of trips. Amazing deal for 25K per person round trip.