FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking an Avianca flight using Iberia Plus miles or Avios?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:12 am
supergraeme

Hello all,

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I thought it better to do that than start a new one for something that will probably be dismissed pretty quickly! I originally posted this on HeadForPoints yesterday and was directed here.

I want to book some Avianca flights using Avios (MEX-PTY-RTB-MGA-MEX, next July). I called Iberia earlier and the slightly confused girl said she checked, but I’m not convinced she did as she couldn’t find one airport (despite me giving her the code) and understood “Taca Airlines” as another.

Does anyone know of a way of checking availability of Avianca flights for Avios redemptions? There seems to be plenty of availability on their ‘LifeMiles’ page.

From reading the posts on here, I suspect that my route won't be accepted anyway - unless the round trip counts as a "return"? It'd be brilliant to be able to do this as it's going to cost me £1500 for two at the moment...

Thanks for any advice!