FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CEO Jeff Smisek Out;Oscar Munoz new Pres/CEO,Henry Meyer non-ex Chair;FBI case closed
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:12 am
UAPremierGuy

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yeah, so lots of thoughts here. First of all, ever since I was a little kid, I was a UA loyalist, eventually becoming an elite and multi-year 1K with pmUA. But when it became obviously apparent that UA no longer wanted my HVF business, I took pmAA up on their generous status match offer, and haven't looked back. In fact, I just got done booking a paid J TATL ticket with AA -- something that used to go to UA. With the superior hard product on the 77W (thanks, Tom Horton -- miss ya!), as compared to the pmCO product, this was a no-brainer!

Based on where I am based (Colorado) UA makes much more sense for me to fly. But with their sub-par FF program, disdain for elites, and SMI/J at the helm beating the pmCO is WAY better than everything pmUA mentality I've been giving all of my business to pmAA for the last several years.

PLEASE, Oscar, give me a reason/reasons to come back to UA. With Discount Dougie at the helm at USdbaAA, the timing couldn't be better...