FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CEO Jeff Smisek Out;Oscar Munoz new Pres/CEO,Henry Meyer non-ex Chair;FBI case closed
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:59 pm
abaheti

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by minnyfly
Unfortunately Jeff will probably never get the credit he will deserve if UA continues the upward track its on. UA still needs some work done in key areas such as labor contracts, but the dirty work of transforming it into a highly profitable carrier with plenty of room to improve is mostly done. Munoz has a chance to reap the rewards of the previous leadership--not an uncommon thing with large corporations.
You could be right, but I see them having turned UA into a pseudo LCC, in hopes of growing back into what it was. Smisek could have fixed issues without tearing down what worked with pmUA and without alienating a lot of HVFs and super loyal flyers like me. I can only hope that Munoz uses this as an opportunity to give back some service, employee empowerment, and, heck, even elite benefits Smisek removed, to attract back our (my) business.