FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Got bumped on UA flight and UA never informed us
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:19 pm
Speedy12

Originally Posted by oswaldjacoby
This is one of several reports suggesting United end runs around denied boarding compensation rules. Important you report this to the DOT. They need evidence of a patter to take appropriate action.

Everyone in your party is entitled to denied boarding compensations. It appears this should be a check for 4 times the lowest fare paid for this flight among economy class passengers.

Note that even the passengers later allowed on the flight are entitled to compensation. Once they were issued a ticket on the later flight, they were involuntarily bumped. By DOT rules, the compensation needed to be issued on the spot. The fact that they later managed to get standby accommodations is not material.
I sent UA a note this morning asking for an apology and compensation.

In the afternoon, I sent DOT my complaint.

I did specifically ask the UA rep at IAH whether I would be compensated and she said I can send UA a note and they would respond to me within so many days.

Thanks for the point that all 7 of us should be entitled to compensation. I will double check with the DOT. Not happy with UA at all about this, esp not even bothering to tell us about it.

Last edited by Speedy12; Sep 8, 2015 at 9:33 pm