FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ AP flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ; bad move?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:12 pm
superangrypenguin
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Totally after the fact and of no help to you, so slightly OT, but isn't that one of the features of the CIBC AE Visa - that it allows for trip interruption on reward flights? Perhaps I'm getting my T&Cs confused, but I thought that was why I always paid redemption fees on that card.

Hope it works out acceptably well for you! Perhaps you can find a cute German to distract you from the delay.
To be fair, I spent some time looking into this. Nitehawk mentioned the vendor AMEX.

Now I don't have enough energy to pull this up again but I did spend quite a bit of time on my phone looking at this. The AMEX AeroPlat T&C's spelled out that reward travel is not covered. This shocked the pants out of me. Given that he mentioned AMEX, I figured there was no reason to post this, but yeah if anyone wants me to prove it tomorrow, I will. Took me entirely by surprise!

It could be a mistake on the mobile site though as I was on my phone. It explicitly said Aeroplan reward travel was not covered. I'm still