FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Leaving Marriott Jan 31 2024] W Istanbul, Turkey [Master Thread]
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:14 pm
supatight80

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Just checked out today. Stayed here quite a bit back prior to renovation and it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Yes entrance is now at the side and you're actually entering the (used to be) 2nd floor. But entrance now feels like your entering a club. A long hallway with mirrors on all side. Then you hit reception and it's very, very cramped.

Deniz director of rooms is now gone and all the folks I've grown to like are now gone. It just doesn't feel like homey anymore. ..Considering that the lobby area is literally now a bar.

On a side note, IME 's at least, Plats are treated well here when it comes to suite upgrades. If memory serves me right, I think I didn't get a suite upgrade 2X from over at least a dozen stays since 2013. But at least you still get a daily call from someone at admin. if the day went well...

Oh btw, MGC here you have to mention upon check-in or else you're screwed. Nothing to hang on door but it says call reception prior to 2 am which I did. On my last night, had an argument with housekeeping head because he called wanting to know if I wanted my room cleaned. I said no coz I requested for MGC on my entire stay, he argued with me that it is not in their system and that I won't be getting any MGC points...Had to escalate issue...

Last edited by supatight80; Sep 8, 2015 at 12:22 pm