FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Green Choice: Have All Stay Nights or Not Allowed
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:08 am
Absolute

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by myperks
Just stayed at a Westin and was told 3 consecutive days max, then they need to come into the room and clean. However, if I needed new toiletries such as soap, shampoo, towels, water, bathrobes, I can call service express ^^^
I've had the same happen at different Sheratons - each time I've been told it's been a recent change that you get 3 days on, a cleaning day off, and then can do another 3 days.

Most recently this happened at the Sheraton Chicago Hotels and Towers, in March - so it's not an old issue. I'd actually asked for them to remove old food garbage from my room (and not do anything else) on the 5th day, to keep the room clean - and was told they would have to entirely cancel my MAGC for my stay, as housekeeping is not permitted to enter the room.

After talking to an agent and a manager, I confirmed with them that the only way to keep my MAGC was to simply leave a bag of garbage in the hallway, so that someone could come by and pick it up - and housekeeping wouldn't need to enter the room.

<shrug> I gave up trying to figure out MAGC long ago, like with other SPG policies.

I've also had a few places that came in to clean on the 3rd day, but still give me points.