FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:11 pm
beltway

Originally Posted by mrkdips
Am heading to Beijing in China and currently looking at hotels. The best option for my budget is an advanced purchase rate with breakfast included. My question is around the rate details. It doesn't mention that you get points but I notice on other option it does e.g. "Changeable rate and receive full points"

Can you help me out as I just need one more stay to retain silver in 2016 so want to make sure that I get the points
First off, note that this thread is for discussion of award redemptions, which your question doesn't appear to involve.

That said,
  • You'll get stay credit for any stay regardless of whether you use cash, points, or a combination of the two.
    • Earning points is irrelevant to earning stay credit. As noted above, you get stay credit even for award stays that earn no points.
  • If you really want Silver status, there are easier ways to get/keep it than through stays. Just sign up for any of the Hilton cards, including the no-fee Citi Visa or Hilton Amex; each automatically gives you Silver for as long as you keep the card.