FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:35 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Does A3 ever release intra-Greece flights to *A partners for awards? Trying to book a flight for next March from Brussels to Santorini

For $214 USD I can buy BRU - ATH (overnight layover) - JTR, but I can only find awards that get me to ATH.

Is this just A3 not releasing any space this far out or do they never release space intra-Greece to partners?

I would prefer to use miles since I have them and I opted to pay for the airfare over the pond instead of using miles as I was planning on doing (thanks to the brief ST/OW/*A fare war earlier this week) so I want to use miles for intra-Europe now if possible but if I have to buy ATH - JTR for $75 I might as well buy BRU - ATH - JTR for $215
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I've been trying to check award availability out of ATH using the ANA tool and I can find NO AVAILABILITY to ANYWHERE from now right through until at least April. There's not only nothing on A3 (domestic or international) but also nothing with LH, SK, TK etc. This seems a little weird. There is availability out of SKG with OS, LH, TH and SK so I wonder what's up with ATH. I'm tending to think it's an issue with the ANA tool. Is that what you were using?
To partially answer my own question I believe there is space (I can see it now on EF which until now I didn't realize had A3 as an option).

It still doesn't show on UA.com so next step will be to call UA and see if I can add it to the end of a BRU - ATH trip