FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences [2015 forward]
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:32 pm
kirkwoodj

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kthpence
Yes, it's well known that SFO's UA IFL is the best in their system (at least from what I've read and IMO), however the original question that was asked was whether or not it was worth 30k more miles plus not using (assumedly free) access to the Centurion Lounge. Do you think it's worth it is the 30k extra miles?
Absolutely not, unless you typoed 'worst'. Since Centurion Lounge opened at SFO, I have no reason to use GFL unless departing gate nearby,

Originally Posted by Kacee
There's an airside connection between concourses F and G. It's approx. 3 minutes (or less) from Centurion lounge to international departures in G.

No way. LHR is a clear #1.
By a million miles.

Originally Posted by porciuscato
I'm GS and have flown out of SFO in GF several times. Never got shuttled to the gate.

To be blunt, the GF lounge at SFO is a sad joke. It features some very tired sushi, cup-o-noodles and this very scary looking fatty beef and noodle dish that you ladle broth into (after you remove the saran wrap). You get your choice of screw-top wine bottles.

I actually prefer the couscous in the UC.

Unless you get seats 2A or 2K, the UD is superior to GF. The center seats in GF are unpleasant.
With a partner I agree. GF not useful for any personal contact notions. Extremely rarely an issue on such itineraries for me, but in your case would stick with BF for "romantic" ideas. All the best.