FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry - On
Thread: Carry - On
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:17 pm
Frequentlander

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Wink

Originally Posted by WestJet
Having been a gate agent for four years, I can speak to this one from personal experience.

Now, remember with web check-in many guests don't see a WestJet agent until they arrive at the gate. And thanks to family and friends hiding in Tim Horton's with excess carry-on baggage, this may not be apparent at check-in. In either case, it's up to the gate agent to monitor.

Our team does its best to keep an eye out for this, and are pretty good at spotting anyone with excess carry-on baggage but some do occasional slip past the agent. This is usually because the agent has but a few moments with each guest at the desk, who is standing behind another guest right up until it's that guest's turn at the counter.

We know it's frustrating for everyone when this does happen. Do know our people are doing their best to ensure flying is fair for everyone.

Cheers,
Darren
Thanks for the reply. I have 2 more cross country trips coming up in the next few weeks and I'm going to test the system. How much "stuff" can I bring on the plane without it getting the attention of WS employees.

I'll report back later.

Last edited by Frequentlander; Sep 4, 2015 at 8:19 pm Reason: Typos