FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Salt Lake City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:52 pm
365RoadWarrior

Nine night stay.

Positives:
- I (Plat) was given lounge access and a token redeemable for buffet breakfast in the restaurant. Lounge breakfast wouldn't have been attractive for me. (I'm strict vegetarian, so it's just fruit and dry cereal for me; there's a much more limited supply and choice in the lounge.) The restaurant breakfast seemed to have all the usual stuff: bacon and eggs and sausages, breads, yogurt. The granola - raw, not too sugared and fat-ted up, what I think of as muesli - was good. Service was almost universally pleasant. (If you visit, you'll probably see what I mean.)
- The lounge reliably had raw vegetables in the evening. Yay. They also had about three hot dishes in rotation: pot stickers, spring rolls (I think they're called - little fried tubes of pastry around vegetables and/or pork?) and fried ravioli. Obviously, I didn't sample any of these. There was also an amazing selection of "local" beers in bottles. Again, I didn't try. I was a little surprised when guests turned up their noses at the 15 varieties on offer and sent the hostess to downstairs to retrieve Bud Light and Coors Light.
- Make a Green Choice, 500 points a day for full stay.

Neutral:
- I didn't care for the woman that looks after the lounge, 5 days, breakfast and evening. Some people seemed to like her fine. It could just be me. Probably. I had the same reaction at previous stays.

Negative:
- I had the room next to the noisy and frequently used ice machine and the soda vending machine.
- I reported some broken equipment in the fitness center on Thursday night. Immensely popular piece of equipment. I reported again on Friday (when the Maintenance/Engineering people were working), on Saturday night and on Monday morning. Apparently no one ever even looked into my report. There was no repair and no "out of order" sign. Tuesday morning, when the business travelers returned, there was a lot of disappointment in the fitness center. I also saw one woman fall trying to use the broken machine; apparently she didn't suffer any significant injury.
- Good luck getting a seat in the lounge any time around 6:00PM. I don't know about breakfast crowds other than a few mornings when I fought my way through the hoardes for a cup of coffee.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Sep 3, 2015 at 9:44 am