FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ALMOST THREE MILLION POINTS by a RTW BEER TASTING , READING NEWSPAPERS AND THE LIKE!!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:34 am
lovetravellingoz

Programs: SQ, QF, MH, VA, AA, BA, AMEX, Citibank
Well we have now just returned to Australia after completing our 6 weeks trip from Nairobi, Kenya to Victoria Falls with a sojourn through Botswana and South Africa.

Camped on the shores of Lake Malawi, Malawi

It was an amazing trip and my wife rates it our best yet. From the 4500km 4WD drive, to sampling one of africa's best restaurants in The Test Kitchen, to the stunning views and wines of the Cape Town Region, to our final 1100km drive in the Kruger Region it was a lifetime full of memories.

If you are considering a similar self-drive trip 4WD, then my advice is to go for it! My planning post is in the Africa Sub-forum, and I will write up a post-trip report soon.It was an amazing trip!!! From the 4500km 4WD drive, to sampling one of africa's best restaurants in The Test Kitchen, to the stunning views and wines of the Cape Town Region, to our final 1100km drive in the Kruger Region it was a lifetime full of memories.

The wildlife was amazing and included experiences such as:
* Being within 10m of two rhinos while on foot
* Being only 5m away from two mating lions
* Being only 10m away from 3 male lions with a fresh kill of an antelope with 3 jackals circling them

Camped on the shores of Lake Malawi, Malawi

Sunset over the Zambezi River

Being within 10m of two rhinos while walking on foot

Being only 5m away from two mating lions.

Being only 10m away from 3 male lions with a fresh kill of an antelope with 3 jackals circling them

Kicking back with a glass of sauvignon blanc enjoying the best view in Kruger National Park from our cliff edge bungalow at Olifants Rest Camp.

A view that took your breath away - Walking the coast at Kleinmond, near Hermanus

If you are considering a similar self-drive trip 4WD, then my advice is to go for it!

NEPAL 2015
We are off to Nepal in December in J on Malaysian. Time to start planning exactly what we will do there. I have been there twice before, but 3 decades ago. Memories will be rekindled as Nepal was actually my very first international trip and long-haul flight.

FRANCE/ITALY 2016
With availablity just having opened up On SQ for the return leg I have just this week completed bookings for next July to fly to Paris in July, and back from Rome to MEL. Pompei and Amalfi coast here we come. We will also inlude a week long cycling trip in France.

Last edited by lovetravellingoz; Jan 23, 2017 at 3:04 am