FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Hotels — General Advice and Discussion [consolidated]
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:53 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad
Just to be perfectly clear here, I would point out that the Oriental MANDARIN is a genuinely legendary property, whereas the Oriental Residence does not come anywhere near that category. It's simply an above-average serviced apartment property, comprised of purchased lease-hold residences (condos) and short hotel style bookings or long stay rentals.

I would also add that I've lived in both neighborhoods, and all things being equal, I'd be likely to choose the Hansar if booking for a relatively short time (days or weeks), primarily for its easy access to both BTS lines. If it's a long-stay (months or years), I'd much prefer the location of the Oriental Residence.
Yes I think we're all aware of the difference, but it's of course the same management which itself has quite a tradition and the longest serving staff of any hotel/residence in Thailand/Asia. As for the BTS, it's my observation that relatively few guests who book these properties take public transport.