FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help asap! Laptop problem - Murphy's Law
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:29 pm
freecia

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It sounds like there is some type of network misconfiguration or IP problem or something? I vaguely remember years ago running into something like this & they walked me through adjusting something 4 or 6?

The wifi light is lit on the laptop when on. I connect to the library's wifi, but again buptkus when it gets to actually connecting to the internet. Normally when I access the library's wifi & then click on the chrome browser, I get a T&C that I have to agree to before I can access the internet. That T&C is not coming up (although it does on my Kindle Fire HD).

I'm starting up the laptop again & will try to access I-net/run back & forth between laptop & I-net terminal to post what it says.

Cheers.
Give this a try to reset the network settings
https://hrushikeshzadgaonkar.wordpre...dress-problem/

Also, when all else fails, a basic USB ethernet dongle and ethernet cord is a good debugging tool. Maybe your wifi adapter hardware piece is no longer working - meaning it might not be a software setting.

Did you update any software recently like system updates, driver updates, or new telco provided "getting started" setup software?

P.S. for the pants, try a towel tuck and roll it over a few times to make it tighter. Or jab together with a paperclip.