FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help asap! Laptop problem - Murphy's Law
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:17 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mia
The other would be spring loaded, and needs to be held open while moving the battery.
That's what it was. The Geek Squad guy got the battery out in about 3 seconds.

Back at the library right now, typing this on the internet terminal since only part of the problem seems to be solved.

Started up the laptop & still no love on the internet part, which I really need. Since I can't access the internet I can't post the entire error code/suggestions from my laptop. I'm trying to set up press meetings at this big trade show & also write press releases. Downloading the releases to the library terminal, transferring them to USB to then work on my laptop is not optimal. And obviously the library is basically only open 9-6pm (later today) & not on Sunday.

Interestingly enough, when I powered up the laptop. Always before it would show the little power cord icon & tell me what the % is. Now that the battery is out, it has an X over the power cord icon. Well duh - blonde moment, the % was the juice I had in the battery. The little blue lights at the top of the keyboard are still lit even though I powered down the laptop. Not sure why? Before if I shut down the laptop all lights would go off.

It sounds like there is some type of network misconfiguration or IP problem or something? I vaguely remember years ago running into something like this & they walked me through adjusting something 4 or 6?

The wifi light is lit on the laptop when on. I connect to the library's wifi, but again buptkus when it gets to actually connecting to the internet. Normally when I access the library's wifi & then click on the chrome browser, I get a T&C that I have to agree to before I can access the internet. That T&C is not coming up (although it does on my Kindle Fire HD).

I'm starting up the laptop again & will try to access I-net/run back & forth between laptop & I-net terminal to post what it says.

Adding to Murphy's Law, besides today being a zoo with moving homes, this little gem just added to my day. I'm basically wearing a t-shirt, sweatpants & running shoes due to schlepping stuff. Drawstring on my sweatpants is loose, so I pull on it to tighten it/do a bow - and it breaks. The sweatpants started to fall to my ankles. So right now I'm trying to hold them up w/o it being obvious

Cheers.