FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Views on compensation offered [problem seat in F]
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:03 pm
EsherFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
I wonder if I could canvas the views of the forum. I travelled back from JFK-LHR last week with my wife and son. It was an Avios redemption flight in First.

[/SNIP]

1) Is 10k low, any thoughts on whether they are likely to offer more if I push further?

2) Should I have mentioned the IFE and vegetarian food issues?

My BA experiences to date have always been positive and this was the first trip with issues.

Views please.
I'd be mighty miffed at ending up on a different aircraft to family, especially if son is reasonably young. It would completely undermine efforts to enjoy the flight in any cabin .

So somewhat optimistically I'd treat it as an experience downgrade for all from F to J at 20k per pax (if I read the chart correctly) . The 60k that results in sounds high, but getting that would leave me feeling satisfied and less would not.

I would mention the other things as it may sway someone to go higher rather than lower on overall compensation. In effect both legs were undermined for you . Call it another 10k .

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Sep 1, 2015 at 4:17 pm Reason: Rewording offspring description: "child" -> "son"