FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:21 pm
jcresq

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I stayed at this hotel last night; it didn't do a lot for me. It wasn't awful, it wasn't great.

The shuttle service was unusually prompt, though the drivers in both directions were a little gruff.

Check-in was handled by a trainer and a trainee, so I got to wait while things were explained. I generally don't mind that, but I neglected to ask about the paid upgrade I'd requested (in a weak moment). I was reminded of that when I got to my room and it did not appear to be an upgrade. I called to the front desk to see if this had been overlooked or if they were full--I was told in fact I had gotten the upgrade, but it basically included RC access and late check out (both of which I would have gotten anyway). Looking back at the ad for the upgrade, it clearly touts the larger size room. If this room was the larger size, I wouldn't ever want to stay in the smaller one. Indeed the room reminded me, in layout and amenities, of a Hyatt Place (except smaller and no couch).

The internet worked very well (I got the premium service). The connectivity to the TV is cumbersome.

I used the RC twice, before dinner and at breakfast. The attendant was very nice and helpful both times. Both times, there were many food options. I would like to have seen more healthy options at dinner time, but they more than made up for it at breakfast, with several different berries and melons.

I didn't otherwise eat there; there's a Morton's about two blocks away. I've eaten there twice and both times was impressed, and neither time was it crowded.

I used the gym in the morning; about average I would say. Nothing fancy; limited tv options on the cardio equipment (no ESPN!).

I was going to raise the upgrade thing again on checkout, but there was one desk clerk on duty and 3 parties ahead of me, so I just used the express checkout. Yep, the upgrade charge was there. By that time, there were two desk clerks but they were having such a good time yakking with each other and I didn't have a lot of time at that point, so I decided to raise it later.

I've stayed at 3 different hotels within the 2 block area of the Convention Center in Rosemont this summer---the Doubletree and the Hilton being the other two. I think the Hilton is the best of the three, with the Hyatt and Doubletree pretty even.