FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Knee Defender Gadget
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:53 am
Badenoch
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by wharvey
Sure enough, the person behind me had reinserted a knee defender. I came forward and reached over and removed the item and sat down. At that point, the woman started yelling at me. I told her I was not talking to her and she was free to get a flight attendant. She then rang the flight attendant and he came back immediately. She told him that I took her property. He asked what I took and I told him "I took the Knee Defender that she was using to prohibit me from reclining." He asked if that was true and she said it was.... "I need the space to use my tablet." The FA then asked "But, you have no problem reclining your seat, do you?" She had no response as her seat was fully reclined; her husband just looked away the entire time.

The FA asked me for the Knee Defender and told her they were prohibited by the airline and she would not get it back. She complained and he said "I can keep it or we can talk to authorities when we land if you REALLY want it back." She just sat down and said nothing.

After he left, I reclined about 1/2 way... figuring I would not be a pain about it.... she proceeded to kick and pull the seat over the next 10 minutes. I then decided to stop being accommodating to her. I got up and told her I would be fully reclining... and expect her to leave my seat alone or we could have another conversation with the flight attendant.

She finally relented and got quiet... and did not touch my seat for the remainder of the flight.
Well played, Sir! Damn well played! ^