FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AV new Business Class !
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:42 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by oskidunker
Any chance they substitute a. Air craft with lie flat seats in bus for the sfo-sal leg? Currently a A320

What is the lounge like in SAL. Have 7 hour lay over.

Why are the serving dinner on the flight leaving bog for scl at 10:30 pm?

How is the food compared to United? Going on a saver. C ticket
1. 100% no, unless there's a mechanical problem before the flight UP to SFO. There's no AV aircrafts based there, not only that it's a small-ish short-ish haul route. The only route AV puts a 330/787 on that isn't long haul is MEX or an occasional MIA and positioning flight. You're gonna get that A320, bank on it.

2. The lounge in SAL is nothing great. I didn't get a chance to explore the terminal, I'd say make sure you do that so you can at least check it out. The lounge has the same AV food/drinks as the others, the tiny cheese sandwiches, peanuts and a couple other small snacks. Drinks are self serve IIRC, vodka/whisky et al, beer and soft drinks in the cooler. When I was there it was under a bit of renovation, but there's nothing they could do to that room short of tearing it down that would make it anything special. I recall the wifi being a bit spotty and the PCs in there sucked unfortunately. There's decent seating and TVs to kill some time, but 7 hours, you're gonna be pulling your hair out.

3. Dinner between BOG-SCL I'd say because simply they feel the need to serve something. They could serve breakfast but then people wanting dinner would complain, similar thing for YVR-YYZ overnight, they used to serve dinner but apparently people weren't eating it so they switched to breakfast, perhaps AV isn't far off from a change, perhaps their customers prefer the dinner option based on where most of the pax are connecting in from?

4. I can't say I've had AV food, but the reviews I've read haven't been great. Compared to UA? I thought UA F food was pretty decent, but I'm not sure about how it is on a regular basis, I only had it twice and the other time when in J I slept through the breakfast and then the FA ate it lol.