FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost Baggage Question
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:20 pm
sammy7

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
Lost babbage is clearly a trend at Turkish

This summer I flew in Biz class for the first time on Turkish, and do not intend to repeat that miserable experience again.CAI-IST_SFO and back IAH_IST_CAI.

On the outbound, I received one of my bags damaged beyond repair with one of the four wheels completely broken, a second piece never arrived.

Flying back, My Baby stroller which was handed over at the airplane door, and I clearly explained I needed it during my 8 hour layover in IST, still somehow got tagged straight to Cairo. I had to go through passport control and spend close to an hour at the lost & Found counter for them to get it for me. It arrived partly damaged as well, with the handles bent so far forward, it took guys some 15 mins to pull the handles back outwards.

On the way back, the replacement suitcase to the one damaged on the way to SFO (which I have not claimed any compensation for) was also delayed by some 48 hours.

This is not to mention the extremely rude and careless attitude of many of the ground staff in IST. This was truly amazing considering I was dealing with their premium passenger counters.

The seats, hard product, and staff on board were however much better.

Nevertheless, the prior year I flew r/t on Qatar to DFW and had an overall much much better experience.

Last edited by sammy7; Aug 31, 2015 at 12:29 pm