FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low health risk MR destinations
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:27 am
phbl

Originally Posted by nk15
I am looking for some ideas for long distance interesting MR destinations that one can do mini-vacation MRs (1-5 days), that generally meet the following criteria:

1. No vaccinations are needed, if staying only in the destination city (i.e., no visits to low sanitation suburban areas), with low risk exposure (avoiding street food, eating in high quality establishments, etc).

2. No risk from crazy scary exotic diseases (e.g., mosquito born hemorrhagic fevers, again, if staying in the city)

3. Do not have to tape mouth when in shower, when staying in 4-5 star major western hotel chains in the city (Hiltons, Marriotts, etc).

I take it as a given that all Europe and Australia are like that, but I would like suggestions for South America, Asia, and S. Africa.

I believe PEK, HKG, EZE, and TYO likely meet these criteria, and I am sure many more cities in these regions, and I would like additional suggestions. I understand this is somewhat subjective and perhaps a bit controversial topic, but I would like to hear some suggestions.
Taping mouth when in the shower? Seriously? Just don't drink the water or gargle it in your mouth. No you will not get a disease with said water touching your lips.

BKK meets your criteria but I guess you'd be off put by garbage on the ground. KUL and SIN are obviously fine, too.

And all of S Africa and Namibia and Botswana meets your criteria as Nam and S Africa have potable water everywhere (I drink it every day, out of a pipes in the forest, too)

Mozambique is rad but it's a malaria zone so i guess that's a no go.