FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry On Limit not for US Staff?
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:40 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by justhere
Respectfully, I believe you are mistaken. As a way of illustrating this, look at the carry on policies ov WN and F9 compared to the legacies. They allow slightly larger carry on bags.

Why is that material to this discussion? Because it illustrates that the FAA doesn't set the carry on rules otherwise they would be the same for all airlines. The FAA just states that the airline has to have a plan and follow it.

You, nor I, know what US's operations specifications state. So for you to say that US isn't following the policy is based on your assumption that their operation specifications state that all passengers, including crew members not working, are restricted to 1+1. While it is certainly possible it says that, I would think it is highly unlikely.

There are many reasons why an airline would allow its employees to carry on more than 1+1 so it is likely that their operations specifications specifically state this.

Lastly, as often as it happens, there is no way that it wouldn't have come to the FAA's attention in some way and that the FAA would address it, and we'd hear about it if it were a violation.
I'd leave any judgement call to the FAA.

Back to the OP again....
https://www.faa.gov/contact/
Call FAA toll-free 1-866-TELL-FAA

Report specific violations (Hazardous Materials).
Report information relating to air carrier safety or participate in other protection activities (aviation industry employees only).
Report Aviation Safety Issues (you may also email your concern for the issues listed below only).
Maintenance improprieties
Aircraft incidents
Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) violations
Report Suspected Unapproved Parts Online
Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) incidents or accidents (For more information or questions, please visit our UAS page.)
Bolding mine.