FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:49 pm
jozdemir

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Just made a reservation at this hotel for 5 nights in January @ 35k p/night.

Booked a 'Standard Room' and they allocated me a Garden View Beachouse which I thought was reasonably generous.

Anyway, they emailed me prices for their food and beverage packages and they seem to have changed a little from the last post on the subject in this thread:

Meal Package Detail
Price Per Person

Buffet Breakfast at Kandooma Cafe
US$36.00++ per adult, per night

Set Lunch at Kandooma Cafe
US$40.00++ per adult, per night

Buffet Dinner at Kandooma Café
US$69.00 per adult, per night

Half Board - (Buffet Breakfast and Buffet Dinner Only)
Enjoy a rich and varied array of flavors in Kandooma Café for breakfast and dinner.
With an ever-changing menu and an interactive dining experience, every meal is a delight! Travel the world without leaving Kandooma with our huge selection of international flavors and spices.
US$105.00++ per adult, per night

Full Board - (Buffet Breakfast, Set Lunch and Buffet Dinner)
Enjoy a rich and varied array of flavors in Kandooma Café for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an ever-changing menu and an interactive dining experience, every meal is a delight! Travel the world without leaving Kandooma with our huge selection of international flavors and spices.
US$145.00++ per adult, per night

Stay Spirited - SELECTED BEVERAGES IN ALL RESTAURANTS AND BARS
Treat yourself to a wide variety of international drinks, cocktails and juices:
Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Chilled Orange Juice, Chilled Apple Juice, Chilled Pineapple Juice, International Draft Beer, Vodka, Gin, Rum, Whisky, Brandy, White & Red Wine, Kandooma Coco, Mojito, Cosmopolitan, Caipirinha, Caiproska, Pina Colada, and the Tom Collins, Mocktails; Fiesta Punchless& Virgin Mojito
US$89.00++per adult, per night
US$45.00++per child (04 – 11.99 years), per night

All Inclusive - (Buffet Breakfast, Set Lunch, Buffet Dinner and Beverages)
Enjoy a rich and varied array of flavors in Kandooma Café for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an ever-changing menu and an interactive dining experience, every meal is a delight! Travel the world without leaving Kandooma with our huge selection of international flavors and spices.
Treat yourself to a wide variety of international drinks, cocktails and juices at all restaurants and bars.
US$234.00++per adult, per night
US$117.00++per child (04 – 11.99 years), per night

- Rates are subject to 12% GST Tax and 10% Service Charge. Above rates quoted per person, per night on top of the room rate.

Does anyone who's gone with these packages know whether say with the all inclusive package whether room service is included or can you ONLY eat at the Kandooma Cafe buffet? Looking at the email it seems they may have dropped the 'Premium all inclusive' option that let you dine anywhere?

Tempted to go the drinks package and just dine a la carte

EDIT:

I contacted the hotel about the 'Premium All-Inclusive' option and got the following response:

"Kindly note that our Premium All Inclusive option is no longer available starting 01 November 2015 onwards."

So I guess it's really forcing a choice between buffet or a la carte

Last edited by jozdemir; Sep 9, 2015 at 3:45 pm Reason: Updated info