FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High School Is Over: Delta First Class, 757-200s of DL/NW+Hampton Inn FLL✈DTW✈SLC✈PDX
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:42 am
LPDAL

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by cmd320
MCO was my regular club for many years (and still is when I choose to fly DL). I do like it, though it tends to get very warm in the afternoon and very busy just before international departures. Still, I do like the atmosphere and feel of the club. Not overly sterile like the newer ones are.
I feel the same way about the country western theme-ing of the SLC Sky Club. Low lighting, brick and exposed wood create a very calming atmosphere.

I know this might sound weird, but I walked the streets of downtown Fort Lauderdale the other day [I don't know if I've explained this before, but from 2000-Nov 2012, I lived in downtown Fort Lauderdale. In Nov 2012, I moved to a beachfront penthouse with my parents in Lauderdale by the Sea, where I have resided to this day.], and I became very emotional because I had a very strong feeling of not belonging. I'm not sure how to say this, but I really don't like Fort Lauderdale or South Florida. I'm not sure why half the nation wants to move here [absent the weather], and I want out ASAP. Traveling has shown me that there are greener pastures out there, and being 19 (20 in a couple of months), there's the independence desire...

Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
Great report as always, Colby. Have you ever considered saving up and splurging on an international trip in business? It seems there has been fairy decent fares to Europe or South American from MIA on DL recently.
Thank you, DP!

I haven't considered much international traveling yet. But when I do, I want to review obscure airlines' premium products -- Air Greenland Business Class, Icelandair Saga Class, S7 Airlines Business Class, Vietnam Airlines Business Class....

-LPDAL