FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:58 pm
catarina

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Sheraton Lisboa Suite Upgrade & Spa

Just returned from Spain, Portugal & Ireland.

Stayed in apartment downtown for 4 nights in Lisbon, and then went to Sheraton Lisbon after rest of group went home. Hubby and I carried on to Ireland & Newfoundland.

Upgraded to suite on club floor. Very very nice. Powder room in entry. Bathroom had separate WC and shower room, and soaker tub.

Spa area is well worth the daily fee, although I had free access as a Platinum.
Steam room, dry sauna, then vitality pool and recovery area, looking out at pool. Bar service and restaurant at pool/spa.
I could see myself visiting this as a day spa if I was staying elsewhere.

Elegant hotel, excellent service. Great place to rest after a busy time walking all over Lisbon!

Was in a villa in Javea Spain (perfection) and in an apartment in Barcelona, so no SPG review there. But I did visit the W Barcelona and I would stay there next time. Further away from the shops and restaurant in Barcelona (it's out on the beach, but I prefer that). Easily accessible by taxi in Barcelona, so no problems there.
The Meridien in Barcelona is in a very central location walking distance to all things touristy, but very very busy, hectic area of town. Night and day different from W.

One thing I will note for both cities, unless you drink G&T, cocktails are hard to come by.

Ireland was Powerscourt Resort 20 minutes south of Dublin (Marriott Autograph Collection). Lovely & historic - quaint little villages nearby. Again, elegant service, although hundreds of people being served breakfast each morning was not peaceful, but we were there in peak season and hotel was almost full.
Spa here is amaaaaazing. Did not want to leave.

Anyone wanting more detail, let me know.

Regarding Platinum upgrades this year - I'm pretty much 100% upgraded to suites this year, probably due to lower occupancy. If not that, then perhaps Platinum 75 counts for something (or I'm just charming lol).

Catarina

Last edited by catarina; Aug 29, 2015 at 7:02 pm Reason: sp