FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Packed lounges
Thread: Packed lounges
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:20 pm
Sean Peever

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by nihonto
Why not?

AC is selling them a product and they are paying for it both with large to very large annual fees and by giving AC a portion of every dollar they spend.

In some cases they may be bringing more profit than you.

Why should one class of customers be entitled and the others not, other than that people see it as a zero sum game so just want to exclude "the other guy." SEs never understood it when the benefits started getting slashed from the bottom up, cheering all the way until it got to their own benefits, then it was fits and rage like that wasn't a completely predictable move.

As long as CCs are easy profit centers AC will use the lounge to sell CCs. If fliers want it to stop then fliers need to be ready to pony up the lost profits and nobody wants to do that.

The old days are gone. AC is all about wringing its profit out of every atom of matter under its control, and that sucks for people who got the free ride until now. But that time passed already and people are still talking like it's going to come back. It's not. It's over. Get used to it.

Not that I like it, some other posters here seem to celebrate it. I'm just realistic about it. It's their stuff and they're going to wring every penny out of it and think out of the box for new ways to jam people in ever closer and use their assets more efficiently (which means less pleasantly for the customers) because they will get bonuses if they do this.
I have no problem with cc holders having lounge access. I just think they should have their own lounge and not the MLL.

Yes - they do make money on the cc, but the cc holders are also the ones who go through tons of booze / snacks and leave a mess.

It's funny but you can almost always spot the very frequent fliers by what they grab in the lounge. Usually it's 1 beverage ( maybe booze maybe not ) and a small something to eat. Then they sit there quite keeping to themselves and usually type on a phone or computer.

But I've see cc holders take 4-5 plates for breakfast and huge amounts of booze too