FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planning trip to Maldives - amateur here
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:19 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mc12345 Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by mc12345
I have a question about what credit card / frequent flyer program would be the best for a particular trip. Let’s assume in two years, I want to fly first class from NYC to Maldives.
<snip>
So, just looking for the best option for building up to a first class ticket from NYC to Maldives.
Originally Posted by mc12345
Thank you, dukerau. And those would all still be eligible for first class seats? I've read that some programs are coach only, so just checking. Thanks again.
What experience do you have with international (non USA) airlines and long haul routes?
It is noted you do not mention business class. What is called first for most USA domestic flights would be considered poor quality business class on many non USA international airlines flying long haul routes.

The number of airlines having long haul first class is reducing. In 2 years from now it will be less than today. Many routes do not have first. Only economy (coach) and business or only economy.

Have you checked which airlines fly into the Maldives and with what class? Is not hard to do.
Awards are not guaranteed to be available when you want them. If for 2 people is 4 times as hard.

Frequent flying is not the same as frequent spending (with miles into a ffp)
Look here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 29, 2015 at 12:23 am