FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High School Is Over: Delta First Class, 757-200s of DL/NW+Hampton Inn FLL✈DTW✈SLC✈PDX
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:54 pm
MikeyInSAT

Hi again, Colby!

Now that I've had a chance to re-read this awesomeness of a report, time to point out something that got my attention:

"Thus, it is a strange experience to go to other parts of the country where they have these things known as non-artificial "grassy fields" (sarcasm) and "mountains that aren't landfills". In SLC, the city center is about the only part that is visible at night, since most of the surroundings are bare wilderness, I couldn't see anything but [i]taxiway lights[/b] as we rumbled along to the runway."

Found this at the beginning of Post #9. Just a small coding gaffe. Oops.

I was amused by your displays of the FIDS in DTW and SLC showing departures here to SAT and then a Virgin America and WestJet codeshare on each one. Initially when I saw the Virgin America one, I thought "that's odd, they fly to AUS, but I've never seen them here." Then I got wise and realized that it must be a codeshare. Seeing a VX birdie here in SAT would be terrific. A WestJet bird would just be ... odd; although stranger things have happened I suppose (like the occasional Sun Country arrival).

As Glensea said above, this TR did have crisp writing and appropriate humor. I love the self-deprecating comments (ex: comments about your "tiny brain" etc) and the snark behind others. It really captures the mood and the essence of the moment. I like it!

Finally: the flight deck photo of you in the left seat was just the icing on the cake (mmmmmmmmm caaaaaake). I could see you in a captain's uniform. Halloween perhaps?

Overall, really well done. Not as extensive as your others but with the perfect blend of detail and commentary. Another A+.

-- Mikey

PS: When that filter is 100% complete, let me know where I can find parts for mine. I could use one for my day job.

Last edited by MikeyInSAT; Aug 28, 2015 at 3:57 pm Reason: Correct a phrase and add.