FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Airways miles expiring, how/when keep/reinstate them (merged)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:40 pm
arollins

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Tim in Hollywood
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions to resolve this predicament...

I messed up and let my (approx. 200,000) US Airways miles expire early in 2015. In March, I saw the offer to simply get a US Airways credit card, pay the annual fee and use it once, to reinstate my miles. I would also get 50,000 miles as a signup bonus.

I did that. My (now AA) account has 50,015 (the bonus + the one-time use). However, I did not get credited for my expired miles.

When I contacted AA today, they claimed that there has never been an offer to reinstate miles by getting the credit card. I must have been confused with either "pay $600 to reinstate" or "a reinstatement challenge."

I'm definitely not mistaken. There are numerous posts in this thread that reference the ability to reinstate miles by getting a new US Airways credit card (#394, 378, 376, among them), but I don't have any documentation to prove the offer that was made back in March. I thought I had a screen capture, but cannot find it.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how this can be resolved?

Thanks,
Tim
I think you should first check with the card company, Barclay I presume. Give them the old US DM acct # and see how that goes.