FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Options For NYC-CPT-BOG in J this January?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:11 am
natekap

Question Best Options For NYC-CPT-BOG in J this January?

First off, I'm still a newbie so please go easy on me

I'm trying to go from NYC to Cape Town for a month at the very end of Dec 15 or very beginning of Jan 16 and then end up in Bogota at the beginning of February. Because these are all such long flights, was hoping to do this in J on an award ticket with United miles.

I've been searching for this for a few months and the options I'm seeing that are still low level biz awards seem pretty crappy now. Mostly South African Airways or Egyptair. Both of whom seem to have pretty crappy biz class options.

I was seeing a nice option this summer from CPT-MAD-BOG, on a nice new Avianca 787 on the MAD-BOG leg, on Jan 29th. But I haven't seen that flight available in any United.com inventory for over a month now, for any Jan - June 2016 dates! Anyone have any idea what happened there?

Does anyone have any creative suggestions for this itinerary that they see available that I'm missing? Or any input on these SA flights from NYC-JNB-CPT and CPT-JNB-GRU-BOG?

Should I just book something to lock it down and then try to change the routing as last minute seats open up? Or should I start looking into Oneworld for this trip?

If you made it this far, thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help