FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:16 am
AEROtraveller

Programs: Aegean Miles and Bonus Silver Member (Star Alliance Silver)
Hi everyone! I'm looking for the most suitable OW FFP for me. I already have an Executive Club account (BA), but I'm wondering if some other FFP could give me more miles and benefits for the flights I'm about to take (see details below). Could you please help me? Thanks!

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Free - discounted lounge access, upgrades on travel, priority services when flying the airline, extra baggage allowance

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
Unfortunately <25000 miles and <25 flights (around 15 flights per year).

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?
Economy, the cheapest

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Just for pleasure; I can usually choose the airline, but not the class of service.

(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often?
Mostly European flights and some transatlantic flights (usually 2 per year), but I have a very long upcoming trip to South America with 10 flights (7 in 2015 and 3 in 2016) with Iberia, LAN and TAM:

With Iberia: MXP-MAD in Economy S and MAD-SCL in Economy S

With LAN: SCL-IPC and return in Economy H, SCL-CJC and return and SCL-PUQ in Economy Y, FTE-AEP in Economy B

With TAM: EZE-GRU in Economy B, GRU-MXP in Economy X

(6) What is your home airport?
Milan (MXP, LIN or BGY)

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
I have 10.5k miles on Miles and More (LH), 2k miles with Miles and Bonus (A3) and a Star Alliance Silver status until December 2015, 0.5k Avios and 10 Lifetime Tier Points with British Airways and 4.5k miles with Alitalia.

(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
Well, my most common airline is SWISS, but it's part of Star Alliance. My OW preferred airline is BA.