FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canceling cancellations not just for Delta mainline
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:40 am
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Yes, impressive. However, take the functional meaning of the cancellation percentage with a grain of salt. For example, I was booked on a short Delta mainline flight that apparently developed a mechanical issue and that initially was pushed back from a 6:30 am departure to a 2 pm departure. It eventually left at 7:30 pm, so with a 13 h delay. They might as well have cancelled it as people were rebooked on other flights that left earlier.
Did you re-book onto another flt? The same thing has happened to me.

The one thing I give DL credit for is being proactive on re-booking. Perhaps it is because I am Diamond, but I have not been let down on that front.

DL has saved me many times, unlike UA and AA on similar situations.

^ to Endeavor Air and DL. Keep up the good work. As a Diamond, DL usually has found a way around long delays for me, before I even know there is a problem. I sure do not choose DL for their Skymiles program (I like it, for myself - it works / my family not so much) , but it is the little things that DL does on mainly domestic flts that make it a win-win for me and my family overall.

I just thought it was something to bring forward on FT, that the other major USA carriers can not say the same thing. DL also uses SkyWest that is not making the same claim. Others as well.