FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:33 am
I Claudius

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Krisflyer Gold
Stayed here for 2 weekend nights at the beginning of August. We were upgraded to an Executive room and I could see no suites were available. The room was still pretty small but it had a full king size bed - I believe the lower category rooms have smaller doubles .

Overall the stay was fine. Plus points included location (very close to lake and main shopping street). We took a (crazy expensive) taxi to the hotel from the main railway station and a cheap train back from a local station 5 mins walk from the hotel. They also provided an excellent breakfast (free for plats). We had dinner in their restaurant one night and that was good. Finally, all staff seemed very friendly.

Negative points included noise from doors - it seemed we could hear every door closing on our side of the hotel - and the hot rooms over a super hot weekend. In their defense, the hotel front desk explained there is a rule in Switzerland preventing airco units dropping temperatures by more than 5%...or something like that.

We only got one drink voucher as opposed to one each but better than nothing .