FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High School Is Over: Delta First Class, 757-200s of DL/NW+Hampton Inn FLL✈DTW✈SLC✈PDX
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:52 pm
LPDAL

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
KFLL (Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport / Broward County International Airport / Naval Air Station Fort Lauderdale / Merle Fogg Airport) ✈ KDTW (Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport / Detroit Metro Airport / Metro Airport / Romulus Field / Wayne County Airport)
  • Airline: Delta Air Lines
  • Airline IATA Code: IATA Code # DL
  • Airline IACO Code: IACO Code # DAL
  • Airline Callsign: Radio Callsign DELTA
  • Airline Flight Number: # DL1804 (IATA) / DAL1804 (ICAO)
  • Aircraft / Equipment Used for Flight : Boeing 757-251(WL)
  • Aircraft / Equipment Registration: Registration # N540US, formerly N540US with Northwest Airlines at delivery as of April 15th, 1996
  • Airline Aircraft / Equipment Fleet Number: # 5640, formerly 5640 as N540US with Northwest Airlines at delivery as of April 15th, 1996
  • Aircraft / Equipment Nationality: United States of America - FAA - Registered Aircraft / Equipment
  • Aircraft's First Flight: April 2nd, 1996
  • Aircraft's Age as of Date of Flight: 19.3 Years Old as of May 30th, 2015
  • Aircraft Test Registration: N540US
  • Aircraft Config: C24W18Y132, formerly C20Y162 as N540US with
  • Northwest Airlines at delivery as of April 15th, 1996
  • Aircraft Construction Number (MSN) : # 26487
  • Aircraft Line Number: # 701
  • Aircraft Delivery Date: To Delta Air Lines as N540US: October 29th, 2008, to Northwest Airlines as N540US: October 29th, 2008
  • Aircraft Powerplant (s) : 2x Pratt and Whitney Canada PW2037 High Bypass Turbofan Engines, formerly 2x Pratt and Whitney Canada PW2037 High Bypass Turbofan Engines as N540US with Northwest Airlines at delivery as of April 15th, 1996
  • Aircraft Owned by / Leased from: OWNED by Delta Air Lines
  • Meal: Lunch
  • Cabin: Delta Air Lines Domestic First Class
  • Seat Assignment: 6A
  • A/C Equipped with IFE: Yes, shared overhead LCD screens in all cabins
  • A/C Equipped with Wi-Fi Wireless Internet Access: Yes, GoGo Inflight Wi-Fi Available for purchase
  • Airline Flight Date: Saturday, May 30th, 2015
  • Boarding Call Time: 1:10 PM EST, Saturday, May 30th, 2015
  • Boarding Zone: 1, First Class / PREM / Sky Priority
  • Departure Time: 1:50 PM EST, Saturday, May 30th, 2015
  • Departure Gate / Jetway: Gate / Jetway D8, Concourse D, Terminal 2 (Red Terminal), FLL
  • Arrival Time: 4:50 PM EST, Saturday, May 30th, 2015
  • Arrival Gate / Jetway: Gate / Jetway A66, Concourse A, Edward Howard McNamara Terminal, DTW
  • Time Aloft: 2 hours 27 minutes (147 minutes)
  • Filed Speed: 450 KIAS
  • Filed Cruising Altitude: 39,000 feet
  • Flight Distance: Direct: 1,131 SM | Planned: 1,202 SM | Flown: 1,199 SM
  • Routing Waypoint (s) : D8 FLL ARKES3 ARKES J113 CRG J53 SPA HNN WEEDA2 DTW A66

---

Boarding passes for this flight. Top: 8.5'' x 11'' Printer Paper; Bottom: Delta Air Lines Agent - Printed Receipt Stock

FlightAware for this flight. Copyright © FlightAware 2015

The great thing about arriving at your final destination in the armpit of midnight is that you don't have to start traveling in the wee hours in the morning, which may sound weird coming from me when most of my trips start at or near 5:00 AM, but recently I've realized the benefit of afternoon departures. Starting out with the fact that producing decent quality pictures is much easier when the sky is baby blue, you don't have to worry about the glare of a Starbucks location impounding your picture of the plane you'll be riding on, and you don't have to wait for TSA to open.

After I checked my trusty green roll-a-board suitcase, I hoofed it through the TSA checkpoint without being groped too severely, but didn't immediately head into the Sky Club. As I had only a few high quality photos of FLL's Terminal 2, I walked around photographing the terminal (without flash, still getting strange looks) before taking refuge in the Sky Club. In the clubroom I was slightly disappointed to see that the same food options were available as the last time I had used this lounge in November of 2014, but the variety was good enough still that I didn't really mind. Plus, they did rotate the soups out from what I had slurped back last fall. Finally, they made some small aesthetic improvements such as adding blue moodlighting and cleaning up a few areas, so that was quite pleasant to experience as well.

The Terminal I grew up in: FLL's Terminal 2, the "Red" terminal which encompasses a single Concourse D. Ironically, most of the year, D serves mostly Delta with a splash of Air Canada here and there.

Terminal 2 isn't earth shocking, but at least the ceilings aren't as low as EWR's Terminal A.

A bit of a line in the Sky Priority lane, which was renovated back in the fall.

Finding yourself a seat shouldn't be an issue in Terminal 2.

Silver Airways (IATA: 3M, ICAO: SIL) has since relocated all their ramp boarding operations from Gate C5 to Gate C8 in Terminal 1's Concourse C. Not sure what the reasoning behind this was, as both gates have the same parking area.

Air Canada A320 docked at Gate D4, with the Fort Lauderdale skyline on the left. Air Canada mainline will soon be wholly replaced at FLL by their lower cost subsidiary Rouge, which is good for aviation geeks as the OAG states that Rouge will send up to six weekly Boeing 767-300s down here.

Newly renovated, oddly, as the Sky Club at FLL is slated to be completely re-designed by 2017. I wouldn't hold my breath though, I'd actually by surprised if construction starts by 2017, considering how long it took them just to renovate a ticket counter...

Now with a half - halo of cerulean moodlighting, and new metal logo behind the check - in desk as well.

Real food in the Sky Club: Chicken Noodle Soup and some other bisque, ranch / balsamic dressing, tomato / pepper salad, iceberg lettuce, hummus, vegetable sticks, white chocolate chip / snicker doodle cookies, crackers, hard boiled eggs, two varieties of snack mix, and Orville Redenbacher's buttered popcorn. I was dismayed to see that they removed the corn salad, that was one of my favorite choices, but regardless, it's nice to have "real" food over the munchies of yesteryear.

Chow down!

Not the best idea to be flying a drone near LGA (or JFK, or EWR, or TEB, or ISP....) or in that airspace at all...

Checking the FIDS before I head to my gate to board, note that the BCAD (Broward County Aviation Department) has changed the previous navy color scheme to a more charcoal note of hue.