FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Western Canada Flight Pass
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:14 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by coleworld
So your ok with Air Canada changing the terms? This is basically a consumer rights/legal issue now.

If, legally, air canada can do this (cancel the flight passes because of a human caused computer glitch) then fine. I have no problem with that at all.

But if this is not legal, then too bad for them. They should honor the passes based on the law.

Who will figure this out ? Well, send it to the media. They love to interview experts on garbage stories like this. 90% of the news is totally absurd and not newsworthy anyways.
I try to look at this based on intent. Was it AC's intent to sell you something, then jack up the price? No.

I almost sent a friend $10000 because I thought it was one of those inputs where you don't explicitly enter a decimal. Had I gone through with that, would it have been "too bad, you paid me $10k for this, sucks to be you, I'm keeping the money"? No, of course not. He would have realized it was a mistake, and even had I already made the transfer, I would have had a $9900 refund a few minutes later.

I like these types of "deals", and I'll absolutely try to take advantage of them, but I'm certainly not going to go screaming to anyone if they're not honoured.