FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ticket refund: poor response from Travelocity and Aeroflot ?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:20 pm
shustyv

is there any difference between refunding ticket and refunding taxes ?

thank you for feedback, I will keep you posted.

is there any difference/nuance between refunding ticket and refunding taxes ?

On Travelocity side, phone calls were somewhat productive, although the mechanics was terrible (I was on hold for hours, and disconnected twice, and on every re-connect I had to deal with a different supervisor because they were unable to connect me back to the original one). I managed to get Travelocity to send me email confirmation that they called Aeroflot and were denied authorization for full refund. Also, they offered to trigger some internal mechanisms to try and refund the taxes.

On Aeroflot side, phone calls were relatively useless, but email communication pointed to a formal complaint mechanism on their website (it is nested behind the Feedback button) . I submitted this story of contradiction between Aeroflot replies to me and to Travelocity and asked for help getting this whole situation clarified and resolved.

My plan for now is to get Aeroflot's response in writing (it may take days or weeks) and, based on that, decide how to proceed with Travelocity.