FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discount Hawaii Car Rental ad a Aloha Rent a Car
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:17 am
onthego15

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by JDiver
I just wanted to give these brahs a shout out, as I've been using them for several years and will wash, rinse and repeat this November. The actual business is a broker that contracts for stipulated rates with the common rental car companies on site. That means they are an authorized booking agent with negotiated rates, not a rental company. They've been around since 2000.

Discount Hawaii Car Rental
Maui, Honolulu, Kauai, Kona,
Hilo and Molokai car rentals
1-800-292-1930 or (808) 292-1930
http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com
[email protected] for inquiries

My cars from Discount Hawaii have been rentals arranged with Dollar and Alamo on the Big Island, for example. I pick up and return at their lots (via the KOA rental shuttle) and drop off there, too, and sign their contracts. But the rates I've paid have always been lower than what those same companies wanted from me when I compared them.

This November a full sized car is $138 (and cents) for ten days ex-KOA, plus the usual taxes and fees brining it to $237.

No extra fees for an additional driver, and their Young Driver (21 -24) fees are $10 a day rather than the rental company's normal $27 daily, because that's in their contract with the rental car company. No prepayment or deposits, no cancellation penalties.

Years ago, I was a bit leery. After using this company a number of times, I continue using them and am satisfied, and recommend them.
I have used them about five times, and always gotten good rates and had zero problems.