FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do bloggers continually review the same product?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:34 am
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by kokonutz
That's because the google is smart/sneaky and knows your habits.

Try opening an incognito window and google a first class product. Results WILL vary from your experience. @:-)
You are correct about Google, though even in incognito typically you will find a travel blog trip report when you type in first class + an airline.

Originally Posted by nsx
Well, they have certainly churned me. The more they dilute the value per post, the less I read.

The early travel/FF blogs were motivated by passion. They were a win-win for bloggers and readers. Now that they are motivated by money, they have become win-lose. (The loss comes in when you count the value of the readers' time.)
I remember when FTG would post once a day. Write his post ahead of time and have it post around midnight. Now with the influx of bloggers and the fact that some post 5+ times a day the signal to noise ratio is almost as high as it is here on FT. Some bloggers are 2 days late on travel news and yet still post it. So it seems that they even struggle