FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:48 pm
scibot

Originally Posted by tmiw
Update: I went back to that location today and the iSC250 didn't have any green lights lit. I couldn't test because my purchase was once again below the $5 minimum but either it's not turned on at all or the clerk has to do something to turn it on (which is weird because it said "please swipe" the entire time).
That is weird, sounds like its not enabled at all. I've ran into that at U Stop(Phillips 66) it had one iSC250 and no light and only said Please Slide Card on the screen. The U Stop with the iSC250 that works and it only seems to be enabled on register 2 as they both seem to use different pos on the other register even though it says to tap, I tried it and zero reponse that time, but I should try it again.
I also got to test Google Wallet at a local Dollar Tree today, it only said "Please Swipe Card" but it worked perfectly there. The cashier couldn't figure out how to run it as credit so another employee helped her with that and if I recall correctly he said they would be supporting it officially soon. Dollar Tree is listed on the Mastercard locator in Canada as well.