FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of booking award travel from a high status account
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:00 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Sorry, this is just plain wrong.

QF stagger award availability based on status. You may not be able to see this on certain routes which are in high demand where there may be no awards in premium classes, however a WP should see more than SG and so on.

That is why you should always use the WP account to search and then input the second pax's name (who should be a family member). You can also request awards to be released as a WP.
Yes, you can request release of award seats as WP, P1. When it really mattered in my own case (sick parent in UK) QF refused to release the seat three days before the flight even with a near empty cabin. On another occasion it came through.

Whereas QF claim greater award availability, I have yet to come across the actual evidence of this.

If you have evidence please share - just stating it should be possible has me unconvinced...I would love to be proved wrong on this if for no other reason I continually wrestle with the merits of seeking to maintain QF WP as a LTG...

...otherwise, yes, absolutely, logging in through a WP/P1 account (just in case) is a wise default strategy...